Thursday, November 26, 2009

Simplicity 9825



As much as I thought I would love this skirt, I hate the way that it came out. I made it too small and I could not for the life of me figure out how to sew the waistband. I had tried to sew it a few years earlier and had the same problem. The waistband was too large and and I couldn’t figure out how to complete it.

Determination: Wadder.




Since I have a few unexpected days off from work, I’ll try this again tomorrow. I will make the following changes:

Make a larger size (16)

Use a different material (not knit)

Figure out the waistband instructions

Use the invisible zipper instructions instead of the centered

Update (6/13/09)

Since I realize that I won’t learn by leaving projects unfinished, I removed the yoke and zipper. I reapplied the yoke and used an invisible zipper this time. The skirt still did not fit my waist. I should have eased the waist more into the yoke.

What I’ve learned:

How to insert an invisible zipper

How to insert a yoke

No comments:

Post a Comment