Thursday, November 26, 2009

Kwik Sew 3156



I made the pants from the same blue fabric with which I made the ill-fated skirt with the yoke that I’ve given up on. I took my measurements and adjusted the pattern, shortening in two places. I did fine on the top measurement (crotch length), but I took too much from the bottom, so they are horrible. I would really like to make something where I get a payoff that’s not conditional or that does not need an excuse.

Friend: Oh, that’s nice.

Me: Thanks, but [insert reason for constant tugging of clothes because of bad fit]

I basted the pants together first, then when I realized that the pants were okay except for the length (which is not correctable), I serged them together. They were so short and flared that I decided that I would not wear them out, but they would be great for lounging around the house. I serged the bottom edges.

AND, NO, I’M NOT PREGNANT!!!



What I learned:

taking and applying measurements to pants

Even if I made them longer I still would not like the way they fit me. I’m giving this pattern away.

No comments:

Post a Comment